It’s promising to be another cracker winter’s day
Come on down for brekkie for another gorgeous Marlborough day.
Rory and Francis from Feast Marchants will be serving up beef and vegetarian royale sandwiches, cheese scones, waffles, breakfast gnocchi and carolina style bbq pork with mac n cheese. How could anyone resist?
See you this Sunday from 9am – 12pm at the Marlborough Farmers’ Market!
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to join us on FaceBook.
Stock up on fresh produce this week with avocados, apples, veggies, free-range eggs and pork, and fish straight from the Cook Strait! Add some plain and roasted almonds and hazelnuts for healthy snacks, and sweeten up your week with preserves and local honey. Don’t forget Pedro’s gluten free, freshly made Empanadas.
Isobel Olives will be tasting their premium olive oils. Look out for the “Delicate” (Picual/Frantoio) on special this week.
New to the market : did you know you can now also get chickpea tempeh and hummous at our market?
Margaret from Traditional Country Preserves says her Whiskey and Honey Marmalade is particularly popular at the moment. It comes in several flavours. All made in a chunky style with lots of fruit and flavour so come and taste some on Sunday. Oh to choose between these flavours:
Ginger Marmalade, Plain Marmalade, Orange Marmalade, and Lime Marmalade.
Windsong Orchard winter pudding
This recipe has been a family favourite in the Windsong Orchard household for about 30 years. Jenny says a customer gave it to her as a thank you when she was giving away kiwifruit to senior citizens.
4 apples (Frut4U)
Lemons (Wakame Grow)
1. Gently cook 4 sliced apples in pot with 4 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and a teaspoon lemon rind till tender.
2. Separate 2 eggs and mix the yolks with the apples.
3. Layer with 6 sliced kiwifruit in a casserole dish
4. Put in cold oven set to 160 degree Celcius
5. When it reaches 160, top with the egg whites stiffly beaten with 4 tablespoons castor sugar folded in at end.