It looks like gumboot weather for the next few days. A look back in the archives shows this was the case during July last year also but did not deter the customers.
So don your gumboots and come along to shop for the freshest ingredients in Marlborough, buying direct from the producer. We’ll be under the shelter of the sheep pavilion.
Available will be everything from fresh veggies, to free range pork, charcuterie, European sausages, to nuts, honey, sauces and chutneys. Let’s not forget the brews of coffee and wonderful brunch created by our street food chefs.
See you Sunday, rain or shine, from 9 til noon at A&P Showgrounds.
- Pedro from Pedros Empanadas will have gluten free, dairy free, no eggs or nuts, vegan Empanadas, in four flavours this Sunday.
- Garden Bees still have 1 kg pots on sale. This month you only pay $12.00 per kg. This excludes Manuka.
- SharpAs will be back at the market this Sunday after a brief break last week. If you have any tools that need sharpening bring them along to the farmers market this Sunday.
- Annette will be skipping to market with boxes of freshly baked sourdough breads, crackers, Babkas with custard/cranberry fillings and the usual favourites like the white, superseed and adventure loaves. She will definitely have some Brezels and other treats too.
- Natural Microgreen’s Crack Your Own Walnuts will be available at the community stall.
Little Beauties joins the community stall
We are very excited to announce that New Zealand’s favourite fruits are now available at the market again, thanks to Little Beauties freeze dry capability, year-round!
The delicious range of Little Beauties are bursting with goodness and joins the community stall.
Each of Little Beauties fruits and berries have been carefully selected for their special powers.
• No Preservatives
• Gluten free
• Nut free
• Non GMO
Recipe of the week
Thanks to Little Beauties
Dried Feijoa and coconut Granola
A deliciously crunchy and chunky feijoa and coconut granola, made with Little Beauties’ dried feijoas by What Sarah Bakes
320g (3 cups) wholegrain oats
120g (1 cup) rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
60g (1/2 cup) sunflower seeds
90g (1/2 cup) hazelnuts, chopped (and/or almonds)
60g (1/3 cup) canola oil
80g (1/3 cup) maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
80g (1 cup) shredded coconut
50g Little Beauties Dried Feijoas, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 170C (340F) and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, ginger, cinnamon, salt, sunflower seeds, nuts and coconut. Stir well until incorporated.
3. In a smaller bowl, combine oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix well until evenly combined.
4. Spread the granola onto prepared baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden, stirring half way through cooking.
5. Cool completely on baking tray, then add dried feijoas.
Package in jars/bags to give away as gifts, or enjoy it yourself for breakfast/snacks!
This granola tastes great when served with milk, greek yogurt and fresh feijoas! Granola will last up to 3 weeks when stored in an airtight container.