Hurrah, the long weekend is here. What will you doing with your newly found freedom in our “new normal”? We hope your plans include a visit to the local Farmers’ Market. We are so pleased many Marlburians have come to support their local growers.
A bit about the new layout.
We have plenty of parking at the southern and Northern end of the market. The arena has generous space to move freely so you can keep as much social distance as you elect. We have had very positive feedback about the new layout. Many have said they would like this change for good.
Moving through our single entrance into the market arena is swift too, so fear not. We would love to see you.
Our goal is to make it as easy as possible to eat local, buy local and support local, while sticking to Level 2 regulations. We are looking forward to seeing you on this long weekend.
We are also excited to introduce you to new stallsholders at the market.
Last week it was fish, this week it is French baking. For those who miss Lola, get acquainted with Le Posh Pâtisserie! So now you can practice your French again, when buying Almond Croissants, French eclairs and Madeleines. Oui, oui.
Sunday also marks the date for the market’s AGM. You can still become involved or submit nominations until tomorrow to the secretary.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Date: Sunday, 31th May 2020
Venue: Shearing Pavillion, A&P Showgroundsm, Cnr Maxwell & Alabama Rds
Time: 12.30pm to 1.15pm
Find out what else is in store this Sunday below.
See you Sunday, rain or shine, from 9 til noon at A&P Showgrounds.
Free flow and Block frozen Raspberries. Free flow are great for smoothies and deserts, while the Block frozen work well for jam and preserves.
Did you know about Isobel Olives’ fantastic specials? Take advantage of them now, before it’s too late. The olive harvest is nearly here, which means Chris will be taking a break from the market. So come and stock up now. Bring your clean, empty bottles for a “fill-your-own” refill.
- buy two 500ml bottles of extra virgin olive oil and get the second bottle for half price (koroneiki excluded)
A simple ice cream recipe – take a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle delicate Isobel olive oil over it, a sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of lemon juice and you have a simple and easy treat
There are many types of knives on the market and over time usually you find a particular knife that suits you. Price is not always the deciding factor in which is the best knife for you. What is always true for all knives is keeping them sharp makes a huge difference in the ease of use and quality of the job. Attached are an assortment of knives Ron sharpens.
For real homemade goodness check out Alys’s range of dehydrated fruits and soups at the Homemade Kiwi stall by Sharp As.
FRUT4U Lowes Orchard
This week’s Marlborough Farmers Market special…
Apples – Any variety in stock at the market only $2 per kg when purchasing 5kg or more of Apples.
We are bringing popular Crack Your Own Walnuts, herbs, a few microgreens, and limited baby leaf lettuce. And out of leftfield some chick weed. Most excitingly, Boom chef Fran Nolan will be using the micros in his hot dishes too. Sigrun is happy to take pre-orders so you don’t miss out, contact 021 910522.
Fresh Fish from Terie will be
River Gold Raw Honey will be starting on Sunday 7th June with a sweet array of high country flavours; from delicate Clover, to butterscotch like Blue Borage and fulsome Bush and Manuka. Come and stock up your winter reserves ready to warm your cockles this winter.
Covid update and frequently asked questions
Here’s what you need to know:
- Vehicle access is via the Alabama Road entrance and follow the direction of the staff. Your exit is via Maxwell Road, where you will be asked to turn left. You can use the roundabout to change direction.
- We have formed one single entrance to the vendor stalls in the market arena to facilitate contact tracing. Thanks to our volunteers, you won’t need to wait long here to move on. We will ask you for your full name and your telephone number.
- We will also be asking you to confirm that you have NO Flu like symptoms. If you are unwell, please stay home.
- For everyone’s safety, please observe at least 1 metre social distancing while waiting to make your purchases.
- Thanks to Elemental Distillers Ltd we have plenty of sanitising stations so that you can sanitise as often as you wish.
- We accept cash and have Eftpos on site.
- Thank you for your cooperation and support.