Thanks for supporting local last week at the market. We enjoyed seeing your friendly faces again. The sunshine helped too.
We dished up a spaced-out version of the market to ensure social distancing could be maintained. Moving through the gate, where we contact traced was also very swift. We are doing everything we can to keep you safe, comply with the regulations, and make it a pleasant shopping experience to attend the market.
If you have the Covid-19 QR code app handy, you will be able to use it this week too. Once again, we would love to see you, but if you are unwell, please stay home and ask someone else to shop for you.
A newbie was Terie’s Fresh Fish cart. Terie said “we enjoyed our day at the market last week. People were so positive and the market was so well set up. She will be back with more fresh fish this Sunday. We are also very excited to welcome a new French Bakery into the mix. Come along and be surprised. Another newbie is singer/guitarist Zara Spiers, busking with us for the first time this weekend.
The 31 May marks the market’s date for the AGM. We are seeking nominations for the Marlborough Farmers’ Market Committee. Nominations may be lodged at the Market Information Stall this Sunday or with the secretary prior to 29th May.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2018
Date: Sunday, 31th May 2020
Venue: Shearing Pavillion, A&P Showgrounds
Cnr Maxwell & Alabama Rds
Time: 12.30pm to 1.15pm
Find out what else is in store this Sunday below.
See you Sunday, rain or shine, from 9 til noon at A&P Showgrounds.
- NEW French Bakery – Le Posh Pâtisserie will be making their debut on Sunday, taking Lola’s bakery’s place.
- Harwoods -will have more block frozen and free flow raspberries for you to do your magic with at home.
- Three Cats – will bring all your favourite preserves and some new ones.
- Peter the Swiss Butcher – will bring cured meat and chicken liver pate. And as always delicious hot dogs.
- Goats Amore – Shelley has new Sour Cream, $3.50 a tub. It will also be her 2nd last market for the season.
- The Community stall has a new consignment of Pinoli Pine Nuts. With our new fresh fish truck at the market, check out this Pinoli Pine Nut Crusted Fish recipe.
- Boom chef Fran will be on the barbeque cooking hot food.
Long Acre Farm
This Sunday we will have the following:
- Long Acre Farm nitrate free streaky bacon.
- Plenty of gluten free pork sausages
- Scotch filet steaks on special
Our kitchen will be cooking up bacon butties, delicious BLAT’s and hotcakes with grilled bananas and bacon.
Chris will be offering two SPECIALS this Sunday.
- Buy two 500ml bottles of extra virgin olive oil and receive the second bottle half price (excludes Koroneiki)
- Healing balm is discounted 20% for those dry cracked hands affected by sanitizer and cold weather
Remember to bring your clean bottles for a fill your own refill
Now that we can socialise again get some Isobel brined olives to go with olive oil and ciabatta bread or make the recipe below
Recipe for Olive Pesto
- 1 cup pitted Isobel olives
- ¼ cup basil leaves (optional)
- 2 Tbsp toasted Pinoli pine nuts
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup Isobel robust olive oil
Add all solid ingredients to a food processor and slowly add the olive oil. Serve with crostini, chips, ciabatta bread or add to cooked pasta.
Flavio and Flavia will be offering a bundle of Italian meal ingredients $49 for 4 people. You can order it in advance and then pick it up at the market. All details are on the flyer that you can download by clicking this link.
Traditional Country Preserves
The new blackcurrant juice concentrate was popular last week. We will hopefully have more products back in stock as we have caught up on most of our backlog.
The house on Monday smelt of Kiwifruit as it was peeled ready to make jam from the Lowe’s Orchard fruit. Today limes were juiced for putting in some of the chutneys.
Pick up your favourite baking at Annette’s on Sunday. There will be beautiful apple strudel with new season apples. and cherry pie! Chia crackers, Brezeln and sweet raisin bread will also make a comeback. Loved to see my awesome customers again.
Thank you, Annette
We really enjoyed our day at the market last week and will be back with fresh Butterfish, Bluecod, Tarakihi, and Cod Heads.
Looking forward to seeing you again, Terie
We have a new shampoo and conditioner bars as well as pumice sandstone soap. These are rocks made with a soap mix and pumice to remove the toughest of dirt. Working very well.
It was so fantastic to see so many of our regular customers on Sunday after so many weeks in lock down. Thank you all so very much for coming out to support our business and for your patience and understanding by following the rules of the market to keep us all as safe as we can!
Last week we ran a special on Cox Orange and Jonathan Apples and we will extend the special again this week…only $1 per kg!!!
We will have again this week, an array of apple varieties to choose from as well as our hugely popular pears and some delicious green kiwifruit. We also have 3 varieties of Juice – Apple & Boysenberry, Cox Orange & Blended Apple.
Regards, Andrew & Sue
We are catching up with the production of Microgreens, and will take a break this Sunday, but you will be able to taste them on Fran Nolan’s dishes. You won’t need to miss out on the popular crack your own fresh walnuts, they will be at the community stall for you. Please contact Sigrun to pre-order your baby leaf, NZ spinach and microgreen for the following week so you don’t miss out – 021 910522.
Thank you, Sigrun
You will already be familiar with this if you joined us last week. The only thing we are adding is the QR code. If this Sunday is your first under Level 2, you can check out the changes to keep everyone safe in this section. Here’s what you need to know:
- If you are coming by vehicle, please enter via the Alabama Road entrance and follow the direction of the staff. Your exit is via Maxwell Road, where you will be asked to turn left. You can use the roundabout to change direction.
- We have formed one single entrance to the vendor stalls in the market arena. This is will be via one entrance only, just North of the central sheds, to facilitate contact tracing. We will ask you for your full name and your telephone number. Please follow the staff who will direct you.
- We will also be asking you to confirm that you have NO Flu like symptoms. If you are unwell, please stay home.
- For everyone’s safety, please observe at least 1 metre social distancing while waiting to make your purchases.
- Look out for the leaflet that you will be handed as you enter the market, which will give you more information.
- Thank you for your cooperation and support.
- Download the full handout here.
See you Sunday from 9 til noon, but if you are unwell please stay home.