Your Weekly Guide to the Marlborough Farmers’ Market…
Here’s a quick preview to what is on offer this week at the Marlborough Farmers’ Market!
Northridge Estate nectarines, peaches and plums are deliciously ripe and ready, Margaret from Gourmet Deli has a preview of this weekends breakfast menu, Pedro has several new tasty seafood empanada’s on offer and our new range of straw market hats will now be available from our information kiosk.
See you this Sunday from 9am – 12pm at the Marlborough Farmers’ Market!
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to join us on FaceBook!
Northridge Estate Fruit
Northridge Estate will have their beautiful nectarines available at the market this weekend, as well as plums and their divine rich lady peaches.
Peach and plum crumble
Here is a great recipe for a yummy dessert that you can make using fruit from Northridge Estate:
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 25 mins Serves: serves 2-3
- ⅓ cup whole rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup flour (any kind): spelt, oat, whole wheat, all purpose, or a gf blend
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, vegan butter, or hardened coconut oil (plus more for the skillet)
- 4 peaches, sliced
- 4 plums, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and brush a medium cast iron skillet (or an 8″x8″ baking dish), with a little coconut oil or butter.
- Use a food processor to pulse the oats, pecans, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt together. Add the butter or coconut oil and give it a few short pulses until the the crumbly mixture clumps together. If it’s too dry, add a little water, a teaspoon at a time. If it’s too wet, add a little more flour.
- Place the sliced peaches and plums into the skillet, sprinkle the crumble mixture on top and bake until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is soft, about 15-18 minute
- set cool slightly & serve with ice cream.
The Gourmet Deli Breakfast Menu
For your Sunday breakfast or brunch come down to the market and drop by Gourmet Deli. Margaret has a wide range of options for you:
The menu this Sunday is…
- Blueberry and strawberry pancakes $8
- Fried rice with satay chicken $10
- Poached salmon on open flat wrap with Greek and lettuce salad and aioli $12
- Fresh pork pies $5.00
- Smoked Moki Fish Pies $5.00
- Beef and Vegetables pasties $5.00
Straw hats for sale!
At the Information Stall we have a range of straw hats available for purchase. Not only are they a great fashion accessory, but also more importantly they provide great protection from the sun while you are strolling around the market. We have all sizes available: Small, Medium, Large, XL and XXL, suitable for both children and adults at $18.00 each.