Your Weekly Guide to the Marlborough Farmers’ Market…
It’s Waitangi Weekend!
A great weekend to get out and about with the family and friends, why not come down to the market for breakfast/brunch, or enjoy a hot cup of coffee as you stroll around the stalls, sit down and relax with the Sunday newspaper or watch the kids enjoy themselves playing swing ball or giant Kenga.
See you this Sunday from 9am – 12pm at the Marlborough Farmers’ Market!
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to join us on FaceBook!
Cranky Goat Cheese!
Halloumi is a semi-hard, un-ripened brined cheese made from goat’s milk. It has a high melting point and so can easily be fried or grilled great on the BBQ with salads this summer. Our Halloumi has a fantastic salty firm texture with the mandatory squeak. There’s an initial salty flavour then the lovely flavour of the cheese comes through. It has a shelf life 3 months.
RECIPE of the WEEK:
Grilled halloumi cheese salad recipe
- 250g pack of halloumi cheese
- 1 bag of watercress, spinach and rocket salad
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 60g croutons
- 4tbsp of low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 2tsp of chopped basil
- 2tsp of chopped parsley
- Preheat the grill to a high heat. Cut the halloumi cheese into 8 thin slices and grill until golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together the spinach, watercress and rocket salad, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas and croutons.
- For the dressing, mix together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, 1tbsp of water, chopped basil and parsley.
Add the grilled cheese and dressing to the salad, toss gently and serve immediately.
The Gourmet Deli Breakfast Menu
For your Sunday breakfast or brunch come down to the market and drop by Gourmet Deli. Margaret has a wide range of options for you:
Gourmet deli Menu for Sunday Breakfast brunch:
- Blueberry and lemon curd scones
- feta , and spinach savoury scones.
- Sweet pumpkin scones.
- Roasted strawberry pastry turnovers.
- Blueberry and chocolate bread and butter pudding.
Windsong Orchard Plums
It’s luscious Luisa Plum time again, the sweet favourite of many. Windsong Orchard has the full range of flavours this weekend, a plum for every palate from the rich red fleshed Hawera to the sweetest treat Greengage. Try their samples to choose your favourite or buy the mixed bag to have a fruit salad of plums.